How to make a spherical vase from a globe shade

29 June 2013

DIY lamp, DIY vase, How to make a spherical vase from a globe shade, how to make a vase, pink peony

The last pink peony from the garden in my new vase.

DIY lamp, DIY vase, How to make a spherical vase from a globe shade, how to make a vase, pink peony

A spherical vase, like this one, has been on my wish list for a long time.
Yesterday I decided it was time to do something about it.
I went to the basment and found this old globe shade. I turned it upside down and the lamp 
shade became a vase. The easiest DIY ever!

DIY lamp, DIY vase, How to make a spherical vase from a globe shade, how to make a vase, pink peony

First I thought it was standig quite good, because of the glas pattern in the bottom. 
But then I discovered that it was a little wobbly. There was an accident with water all over, 
before I disvovered that... I secured it with a rubber ring and now it's perfectly stable. 
But I think some silicone would be a better solution.
I found some more shades of glass in the basement!
And I already have some plans for them as well...




// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................