Kippen - a picturesque village in Scotland

24 August 2013

kippen village scotland, kippen scotland, the cross keys kippen scotland, pub inn the cross keys, kippen village Stirlingshire
During my visit to Scotland I spent 4 days in the little village Kippen, Stirlingshire.
The most charming village. 2 pubs, 1 butcher, 1 post office, 3 churches, 1 petrol station.
And lots of beautiful cottages and gardens!

kippen village scotland, kippen scotland, the cross keys kippen scotland, pub inn the cross keys, kippen village Stirlingshire
I stayed at The Cross Keys, one of the pubs. Very nice food, friendly staff and so comfortable beds! They had beautiful wild flowers on the bar and the drink menu on the mantelpiece next to some horns made me smile.

farm house, cottage village scotland
All the houses and cottages were aborable. I want to move to Kippen!

purple clematis
And the gardens... so pretty!
Even though they complained about the Scottish weather and how hard it was to grow anything.
I have to say they manage very well.
I fell in love with this colour combination - the purple clematis and the blue fence.

kippen village scotland, kippen scotland, farm house cottag, kippen village Stirlingshire
This property was for sale!
Behind the high wall there was a over grown and wild garden.
How I wish I had a few millions!



// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I never was in Scotland and since yesterday I never had the wish to visit this country (the rain,the cold weather). But your lovely pictures changed that! You have a new reader now!
    Have a wonderful visit
    Lilli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilli, you must go to Scotland it's abslutely amazing! The landscape and views are so dramatic and full of history.

      Delete
  2. I must go! I am adding Scotland to my travel list :)

    -alecia with www.likesof.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must ;) I will definitely go back soon.

      Delete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................