My first visit to Scotland

21 August 2013

visit scotland, the gateway to the highlands scottland, village kippen scottland, visit kippen, landscape views scotland, skottland, ferns

Last week I went to Scotland.
It was my first visit and I fell instantley in love.
I normally don't shoot wide open landscapes but now I had the best opportunity ever to practice.

When I arrived to the small village Kippen I quickly put my stuff in my room at the pub, had a simple lunch and headed out for a walk. The photo above is from the parking lot outside the school!
A pretty majestic view - the gateway to the highlands!
visit scotland, the gateway to the highlands scottland, village kippen scottland, visit kippen, landscape views scotland, skottland, farm house scotland

I found the wild flowers and vegetation very similary to the Swedish west coast.
The farmland felt so... comforting.
I woundn't mind a little farm house or cottage here.

visit scotland, the gateway to the highlands scottland, village kippen scottland, visit kippen, landscape views scotland, skottland, ferns

Ferns - lots of ferns.
Later on I saw big ravines and hills of ferns. Huge ferns, almost my hight.

visit scotland, the gateway to the highlands scottland, village kippen scottland, visit kippen, landscape views scotland, skottland, ferns

Then the rain came.
I captured this image of the rain coming in and a few seconds later it was just pouring down.


// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. That picture of the rain coming in is SO good! Great capture. Lovely to see you last week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Will! That moment was quite magical and I didn't really wanted to go inside, but I was scared my camera would be damaged.
      It was so lovely to see you to ;)

      Delete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................