Working with Darkness

30 August 2013

photography working with darkness, bright photos, pink garden rose, rose Scepter'd Isle, garden rose Scepter'd Isle, pink garden rose Scepter'd Isle

I've decided to challenge myself more when it comes to photography.
Normally I prefer to shoot bright photos.
So instead I shot a quite dark photo of these pink garden roses.
Not too bad - I think I will try to work more with darkness.
And this time I'm so proud of myself because I remembered to shoot the sign 
with the name of the rose!
So ladies and gentlemen this is Scepter'd Isle.
Apparently it's a hardy one and it's a winner of the "Henry Edland Award"
from the Royal national Rose Society!
That's what it said on the sign.



// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Du fotar jttefint du, men det är alltid bra att utmana sig själv;) Kul att du är med och tävlar och hoppas allt är bra med dig! Hoppas vi får till den där AW.en snart:)

    Kram
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Jenny, vad gullig du är! Jag tror att då vi utmanar oss självs är då vi lär oss som mest och då nya dörrar öppnas. AW måste vi absolut få till! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shot, E! Love how you used the darkness to make the pink and yellow (a fave combo of mine!) really shine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thaks Will! The darkness really gave the photo a new dimension. I quite like how the layers of petals got more focosed because of the darkness.

    ReplyDelete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................