Urban Jungle Bloggers: Green neighbourhoods

10 October 2013

Today I'm very happy to be a part of the Urban Jungle Bloggers!
Igor, Judith and Jocelyn came up with the great idea of Urban Jungle Bloggers, where bloggers share inspiration about plants and garden once a month.

The topic for october is green neighbourhoods.
About 5 minutes from where I live in Gothenburg there's a small community garden. 
The garden is divided into small pieces approx 4 x 4 meter and then you rent your own little piece of land. Most people rent the same piece of land year, after year after year.

Last week I took a walt there. The whole garden area is enclosed by the fence, so I had to enjoy it from the outside. I love to peek into each of these little gardens, all of them are so different. Some people grow vegetables and some people grow flower.

In most of the gardens there are some chairs and maybe a little table.
I can just imagine how lovely it must be to relax with a cup of coffee after some gardening.

There has been some bad frost already so most flowers, such as dahlias were looking very sad.

While I was walking there I looked for some kind of signs or information of who to contact if one wants to rent a little piece of land, but I couldn't find any.
I think I need to investigate further...



// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Oh wow, some frost already?! Thanks for joining our #urbanjungle adventure, Emelie! This community garden looks so nice. From what I can see there were no gardeners there when you visited, hopefully next time, because it's so nice to hear their garden stories. Seeing them proudly showing their veggies or flowers is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for poping by, Judith.
      Yes, the frost is here. But so far only at night.
      There was acutally 2 old ladies there but they were looking so suspiciously at me and they would definitely not show me their veggies :) I was in a little hurry otherwise I would have talked to them. Next time ;)

      Delete
  2. Vackra foton Emelie. trots frost kan man finna ngr kämpare som fortfarande blommor.. det är fint det:) Tack för tipset om ostronen, då får jag väl ge dem ett försök till då men inte råa denna gången, ingen mer gång råa ostron ;)
    Kram på dig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, Jenny! Haha, ja jag säger det samma om ostron ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh I am in love with community gardens. This one looks pretty similar to the one I featured from Vancouver. I wish we had more such initiatives here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they seem to be quite similar. During 1800 and early 1900, community gardens were very common here in Sweden. But it was for the poor people that couldn't afford to own land. Now adays many community gardens get demolished to give space for bulidings :(

      Delete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................