#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings

26 February 2014

#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings, urban jungle bloggers, pilea, styling with plants

Time is running quick and it's time for the February issue of Urban Jungle Bloggers. This month the challenge was a bit different. Use one plant and style it in three ways.
So I teamed up with my pilea and here's the result.

#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings, urban jungle bloggers, pilea, styling with plants

The Bedroom
I love plants in the bed room. They make the room peaceful and calm.
I placed the pilea on the bedside table together with some blues, magazines and striped bed linnen.

#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings, urban jungle bloggers, pilea, styling with plants

The Workplace
My temporary desktop is quite clean and at the moment I like it that way.
But to add a plant can never be wrong. The pilea is sprawling with many "arms" so I thought it was just enough with just the plant, the pen glass and the China cat.

#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings, urban jungle bloggers, pilea, styling with plants

This golden puss is actually not from China but from Thailand
Even though it's very plastic (and plastic is not really me) I think it's quite cute with that waving paw.

#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings, urban jungle bloggers, pilea, styling with plants

The Tray
One plant, a marble tray, a candle, a bottle and a little jar.
Simple and clean, just as I like it.
In this vignette the plant really speak for itslef and green is the dominate colour. 
Fresh!

#UrbanJungleBlogger: 1 Plant - 3 Stylings, urban jungle bloggers, pilea, styling with plants

Pileas are easy plants. Just water it once a week, that's it.
They are very productive and having cbabies several times a year.
My pilea is actually in the mother of Igor's pilea.
I send a cutting by post to him and now it's all grown up and living in Germany!




// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Oh I love it, Emelie!! It is so good to see the 'mother plant' of my young Pilea!!! So so lovely!! Thank you so much for joining us!! Now I will pin & share this! Hugs from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so pretty! I love that marble tray as well. How sweet that it's the mummy of Igor's plant too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! The marble tray is one of my favourites ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, is this the mama of your Pilea, Igor? Wow! I like the idea of having a plant on your bedside table, as well as your simple & clean styling. A beautiful Pilea doesn't need much more ;) Thanks for playing along with us again, Emelie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Judith ;) I'm glad you like it. Yes it's true - pileas are real beauties ;)

      Delete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................