Urban Jungle Bloggers: Green Windowsill

25 April 2014


It's time for Urban Jungle Bloggers again!
I had to give it a miss last month, but now I'm back on track.
This time it's all about growing and green windowsills.


This year I have a balcony!
So obviously I have a lot going on in my windowsill. 
The kitchen window have sun almost all day long, so it's a perfect 
place to grow plants from seeds. My three little geraniums love the sun!


I'm growing chilies for the first time!
On the seed bag it said that they need a green house.
But I decided to go with something I already had - a transparent plastic box. 
It's actually working perfectly!


Mr M is also interested in growing plants, but he prefer editable things.
We grow mostly herbs and veggies, but some flowers as well. 
Some edible flowers and some decorative flowers.
So here's what we grow this year:

Herbs & veggies
Chili
Basil (common, Holy & Thai basil)
Oregano
Chive
Rocket
Mixed salad leaves
Spring onion
Parsley
Mint

Flowers
Sunflowers (editable)
Sweet peas
Zinnia
nasturtium (editable)
Geraniums
Pansies



// Photography by Emelie Ekborg

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Such a beautiful green windowsill, Emelie! And everything is thriving wonderfully - no wonder, you are an expert! Thank you for joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Igor! Well most of them are thriving but not everything. I've started to move them out to the balcony but the zinnias, sweet peas and nasturtium didn't like that at all :( They look quite misarable right now (therefor no pics of them).

      Delete
  2. I love how you're growing all these varieties in your window sill, Emelie! I once had a chili plant too, they are awesome. Unfortunately it died on the balcony during an early fall. Looking forward to seeing the results in a few weeks & months. Thanks for your green blogpost and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
................................